A degree driven by real-time employer demand
Business analytics jobs will grow 15% by 2026. Search our curriculum and you’ll find the expertise and skills most frequently posted by employers in this growing field. Connect with your admissions counselor to learn more.
The business analytics job market
World-class faculty – Our faculty engage in current research, and have hands-on expertise in high-technology and business industries. Students benefit from faculty's unique perspectives and experiences.
Gain the competitive edge with business analytics skills
Developed and taught by RIT’s esteemed Saunders College of Business faculty, ranked #6 nationally for Management Information Systems, RIT’s online MS degree in business analytics will empower you to turn big data into actionable intelligence. At the intersection of business and data science, business analytics harnesses the power of data analysis to drive and optimize business performance, strategy, and operations.
Hybrid roles like business analysts are high-growth, 20-40% higher-paying than more traditional counterparts, and are immune to the threat of automation. As companies insist on seeing a real return on their investment, the business analyst–with a dual business and IT focus–will play a critical role.
The online curriculum and faculty are identical to the on-campus program, and online students receive the same distinguished degree. The analytics courses offered focus on a variety of applications across various business disciplines. One of our fastest-growing programs, this career-focused degree was developed in conjunction with top employers such as Intuit, Excellus, and Price Waterhouse, with a curriculum designed to help students understand and connect contemporary analytics technologies with today’s business practices.
What you will learn
This rigorous curriculum will provide both broad and in-depth training to build your capabilities in technical, analytical, and operational areas.
- How to use emerging technologies and practices in multiple disciplines related to business analytics including management information systems (MIS), marketing, accounting, finance, management, and engineering
- How to interpret your findings and use them to communicate valuable business insights
- How to apply these concepts to your organization, with a strategic focus on optimization and outcomes
The program prepares you to enter and advance in today’s top business careers. Students are prepared for positions in such areas as marketing research, analytics, and consulting; digital analytics; web intelligence and analytics; accounting and financial analytics and risk management; supply chain analytics; customer analytics; and consulting.
Advanced certificate in accounting and financial analytics
Earn a credential as-you-go and advance your career, all while working toward your master of science in business analytics. Four courses of the MS degree program may be fully applied toward a graduate advanced certificate.
While the advanced certificate in accounting and financial analytics serves as a foundation for the MS degree, it is also offered as a stand-alone credential for professionals who would like to acquire accounting and financial analytics skills to move into more strategic roles.
Learn more about the advanced certificate in accounting and financial analytics.
Credit hours, price & duration
The online MS degree in business analytics requires 30 credits and costs $1,191 per credit hour (Academic Year 2020-2021). You may complete the degree part-time in as few as 24 months. For your convenience, we offer 2 start dates during the year.
Related graduate-level degrees
RIT’s faculty and curriculum are at the leading edge of creativity, innovation, and design. You may be interested in these degree programs focused on data analytics which also emphasize application of emerging technologies, tools, and strategy to impact and influence industry.
- Advanced Certificate in Accounting & Financial Analytics
- MS in Data Science
- Advanced Certificate in Applied Statistics
- MS in Applied Statistics
Master of science in business analytics curriculum
BANA-680 | Data Management for Business Analytics (3 credits)
BANA-780 | Advanced Business Analytics (3 credits)
BANA-785 | Business Analytics Experience (3 credits)
FINC-780 | Financial Analytics (3 credits)
MGIS-650 | Introduction to Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (3 credits)
MKTG-768 | Marketing Analytics (3 credits)
ACCT-645 | Accounting Information and Analytics (3 credits)
MGIS-720 | Information System Design (3 credits)
MGIS-725 | Data Management and Analytics (3 credits)
MGIS-760 | Integrated Business Systems (3 credits)
- Complete a graduate application.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university or college.
- Submit official transcripts (in English) of all previously completed undergraduate and graduate course work.
- Submit a personal statement of educational objectives.
- Submit a current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit GRE/GMAT scores (waivers available).
- International applicants whose native language is not English must submit scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exams.
- Certain countries are subject to comprehensive embargoes under US Export Controls, which prohibit virtually ALL exports, imports and other transactions without a license or other US Government authorization.
It’s quick and easy to apply!
Start your application now. We encourage you to begin your application now! Simply create an admissions account, and then begin your online application, which will take about 15 minutes to complete. You may save your work and return at any time. Your application may be submitted with or without the application fee and any supporting documents you wish to supply.
RIT’s Saunders College of Business is accredited by the AACSB, the premier agency which defines quality standards for business programs.